Only a minority will really understand what is SEO and the concepts behind it.
In this article, I will give an introduction to the fundamental basics of SEO and how you can apply it to your business in the search engine world.
You might ask why do I need to learn SEO as I can easily hire a marketer who is good in SEO or engage an SEO agency to handle my SEO campaign.
The answer is simple, if you are well verse in the process and understand what is SEO about.
You will be in a better position to have a good understanding on how SEO can improve your business and how the SEO companies you hired run the SEO campaign on your behalf.
– What is SEO?
– SEO is optimizing your website to generate free traffic from search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
– SEO ranks your website for different sets of keywords
What is a keyword?
A keyword in SEO are words or sentences that people type in the search engines to find the relevant information.
For SEO campaign, you will start by doing keyword research, as it will let you know which keywords are competitive and which keywords are not.
– Reason for doing so is because that the higher the competitive level for the keywords, the more difficult for you to rank this keyword on the first page of the search ranking.
Which means that highly competitive keywords will take more time to rank this words than keywords that are less competitive.
Other factors for the keywords ranking will depend on how your competitors promote the keywords and the budget for their SEO.
– It’s like an online auction where the search engine will promote those companies that has the best criteria to be on the top ranking on the 1st page.
– Making your website an “authority” on certain topics in the search engine’s index.
– Which means SEO is generating organic traffic and getting people from search engine to actually find your website.
To explain further, organic traffics is “unpaid” search results which are opposite from paid advertisements such as Google Adwords or PPC (Pay Per Click) which you will not be charged when the visitor clicks on your website.
Nowadays SEO is very important to your business as it has fewer limitations and is relatively cheaper as compared to traditional marketing.
With Good SEO strategies, you will be able to promote your website and maintain in the first page position in the search engine.
This is important as the statistic has shown that most visitors will only browse through and select those relevant websites that are listed on the first page of the search engine.
Of course, all the above mentioned is just the tip of the iceberg in the world of SEO.
True SEO experts will constantly update themselves regularly on the current market trend in Digital marketing.
Especially on the popular search engine such as Google whose algorithm has constantly introduced new changes that may or may not impact the page rank or SERPs (Search Engine Ranking Page) of your website.
To learn more about SEO, you can always sign up for courses at business schools or online course such as Udemy.
But at the end of the day, it’s all about how much time, effort and money that you are willing to commit to getting the most desirable sales conversions and brand exposure for your website using SEO as your main marketing tool.